The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a regional economic forum established in 1989. The APEC Secretariat, located in Singapore, is the core supporting institution of APEC.
APEC's 21 members aim to create greater prosperity for the people of the region by promoting balanced, inclusive, sustainable, innovative and secure growth and by accelerating regional economic integration. APEC-funded projects are a key part of this process. The Secretariat is responsible for managing the APEC project system and plays a central role in the development, implementation and evaluation of around 200 projects per year.
The APEC Project Management Unit (PMU) is seeking a suitably qualified Project Assistant to join our small and busy team on a three-day week basis. The successful candidate will work on project monitoring and evaluation tasks, working closely with the PMU Project Specialist and the Director of PMU.
The key tasks of the Project Assistant are:
- Assist with the review of project monitoring and completion reports
- Assist with project data collection
- Assist with longer-term evaluations of APEC projects
- Assist with development of project databases
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Levels or Diploma
- 3 or more years work experience, ideally in administration
- Fully competent in MS Word and MS Excel
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- An aptitude for reading and processing information, with an eye for detail
Previous experience in project administration would be well regarded but not essential.
The successful candidate must possess an ability to multitask, to work independently and proactively when required, and be a team player.
Applications must include a cover letter and a comprehensive resume detailing your qualifications and experience, references and expected salary.
Applications should reach the APEC Secretariat no later than 02 December 2019 via email@example.com .
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.