Ministers from the 21 APEC member economies issued a joint statement following the APEC Ministerial Meeting in Da Nang co-chaired by Viet Nam Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh, and Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh.
The Joint Ministerial Statement describes collaborative actions to be implemented by APEC economies over the next year to sustain the momentum of regional cooperation and reinforce the profile of APEC as a driver of economic growth and integration in the Asia-Pacific. These include:
- Deepening Regional Economic Integration
- Promoting Sustainable, Innovative and Inclusive Growth
- Strengthening Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’ Competitiveness and Innovation
- Enhancing Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in Response to Climate Change
- APEC Toward 2020 and Beyond
The conclusion of the APEC Ministerial Meeting sets the stage for the APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting on 11 November 2017 in Da Nang.
# # #
For further details, or to arrange possible media interviews, please contact: